Author Topic: lambda sensor  (Read 1121 times)

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
lambda sensor
« on: 11 June 2012, 18:07 »
will a lambda sensor from my old 8v golf fit my 16v golf or are they different, just trying to get out of spending money  :grin:

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: lambda sensor
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2012, 18:25 »
They have different part numbers 021 906 265 R and S
-S is for the 16v
-R is for the 8v

plug's the same, so if you have it just give it a try... just make sure cable is the same length (that will be the main difference).
I had an Audi 80/100/S4.... knock sensor fitted because it was cheaper than the one with correct p/n... cost half as much and only difference I could work out was a longer cable on the Audi one...
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: lambda sensor
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2012, 18:29 »
worth a try aint it, cheers

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Re: lambda sensor
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2012, 20:38 »
The job will be a lot easier if you can do it at normal operating temp.

If not, don't be afraid to use a blowtorch to get them hot.