Author Topic: '95 Cabrio roof problem  (Read 1886 times)

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
'95 Cabrio roof problem
« on: 28 May 2012, 20:09 »
Having a few probs with me Cabrio which I hope you guys 'n girls maybe able to help me with :undecided:

First problem to sort is the hood which is coming apart at the seams and the motor isn't working, I say isn't working, I have live feeds coming up to the relay and I've taken the motor out completely and run it directly off the battery and works in both directions. Just recieved a relay off Steven's VW (ebay) and plugged it in and still no go, so hoping it's either a bad earth of wiring problem between the relay and the motor!?!?

Offline patc

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 87
Re: '95 Cabrio roof problem
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2012, 13:23 »
When my roof went dodgy on a previous mk3 Cabrio, I 'pumped' the system and then it worked a treat!  Maybe an air block?

From what I remember, I had to take the top off the 'pump liquid' (?) tank and then manually open and close the hood a good few times and then it was 100% sorted  :laugh:
PatC
Golf GTI MK3 Anniversary Edition

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Re: '95 Cabrio roof problem
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2012, 13:30 »
I have removed complete motor/pipework & rams from the car and worked it in both directions directly off the battery and is working fine. Live feeds off the switch to the relay are all fine, just not switching the relay even after fitting second relay :cry: