Author Topic: Window  (Read 1608 times)

Offline biddy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Window
« on: 12 May 2012, 19:29 »
Hi all how can I lower window as motor has stopped and I need to take window out to replace window mechanism

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: Window
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2012, 19:32 »
Well if you are changing the whole regulator and motor you can always cut the top wire on the regulator and then the window will just push down :smiley:

Offline biddy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Re: Window
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2012, 19:45 »
Mine I've done but new mechanism is in closed position as well it's on a breaker and there is no electrics

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: Window
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2012, 19:47 »
Undo the bolts holding the regulator to the door, and pull with some force the bottom of the runners towards the centre of the door.

It should pull down the window enough to reach the window retainer bolts.

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: Window
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2012, 19:51 »
Undo the bolts holding the regulator to the door, and pull with some force the bottom of the runners towards the centre of the door.

It should pull down the window enough to reach the window retainer bolts.

Yep this will work too! Still a bit of a pain to get to but you can :smiley:

Offline biddy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Re: Window
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2012, 19:56 »
Cheers guys will try tomorow at least if I break it as its at breakers I won't have to buy it lol

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: Window
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2012, 19:59 »
Cheers guys will try tomorow at least if I break it as its at breakers I won't have to buy it lol

That's true  :grin:

Offline biddy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Re: Window
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2012, 20:09 »
Cheers all