Author Topic: speedo  (Read 1302 times)

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
speedo
« on: 30 April 2012, 21:35 »
dials playing up man in vw garage told me it is a comen folt on mk3s

i need to know do i have to put a clock in it from a nother 1.6 8v and what if the miles are less???

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: speedo
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2012, 22:06 »
You will need clocks fro the same car, mileage can be corrected if needed.

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: speedo
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2012, 22:09 »
how do i do the milage??


Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: speedo
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2012, 23:43 »
how do i do the milage??



You will need to find someone with vagcom to do it.

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: speedo
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2012, 20:23 »
VAG COM can't change mileage on a mk3 Golf speedo....

I have a speedo sitting around if you need one. I believe it has 130-140k on it, or then I have another one showing 80k (but that one counts in km).
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: speedo
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2012, 20:57 »
VAG COM can't change mileage on a mk3 Golf speedo....

I have a speedo sitting around if you need one. It reads 146299mi, or then I have another one showing 80k (but that one counts in km).

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles