Author Topic: 20.79MPG  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
20.79MPG
« on: 28 April 2012, 18:12 »
Confused.

Can't understand it from a  1.6. Had a head rebuild, new genuine temp sensor and lambda sensor, fixed all exhaust leaks, good service including hall and crank sensor, not that these would effect MPG and I'm getting 20.79 MPG.

It's running smooth, infact it feels so powerful for a 1.6, put your foot down in any gear and it just wants to go. It smells of overfulling big time though.

Any other ideas? Think the engine is going to hit the scrapheap soon. Think the injectors are fine, no air leaks I can hear or see at all, I've tested with the usual methods. No fault codes.

I'm thinking it must be an ECU fault. This is driven carefully, although thrashing the testicles off it seems to = more MPG. Which leads me to think air leak.  :undecided:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: 20.79MPG
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2012, 19:40 »
Is the timing ok? Earths all cleaned and tightened up?

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: 20.79MPG
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2012, 20:22 »
Timing's spot on. Earths all perfect and have been replaced in the past. Had a quick looks does seem like the exhaust is blowing again so it's probably that. Suspension + roads is killing this car!

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline madmanmart

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 938
Re: 20.79MPG
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2012, 14:06 »
Lambda?


Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline AdamBeevers

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 192
Re: 20.79MPG
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2012, 14:56 »
VW?

Offline dub-gti

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
Re: 20.79MPG
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2012, 00:59 »