Author Topic: jacking points  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Walkerboy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 564
jacking points
« on: 26 April 2012, 21:50 »
Hi
Just started doing the sills on my vr6,but the floor is badly damaged :0(
rebuilding it but,just wondering if I can buy new jacking points or what can I do????
Cheers

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: jacking points
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2012, 21:56 »
You can plate it up as a quick fix, cut out a good section(s) from a donor car (if you can find one), or like GTI Jamo source some new panels and weld them in.
The later two will cost more to do with the last being a full area respray :smiley:

Offline Walkerboy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 564
Re: jacking points
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2012, 22:12 »
cars being resprayed anyway dude.lol
just doing the sills,but looks like someones obviously put the jack in the wrong place and its gone straight through the floor :0s

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: jacking points
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2012, 23:02 »
ouch does not sound good i got to cut and weld part of my floor also not looking forward to it  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Walkerboy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 564
Re: jacking points
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2012, 22:40 »
yer it looks a mess underneath
really didnt think it was going to be this bad until we started poking around,not funny bro

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: jacking points
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2012, 18:06 »
bad jack points have being the death of many good mk3's...  ensure you strengthen the area while you getting them fixed (I was quoted £40 a side)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Walkerboy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 564
Re: jacking points
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2012, 20:07 »
got a mate doing loads of welding work underneath the car so yer i´ll get him to sort out properly
cheers dudes

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: jacking points
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2012, 20:32 »
Best bet is just to cut out and weld in new metal. The bonus being if your removing the sills you can then weld the new metal you use on the floor to the inner sills which will make it so much more stronger. I beefed up the jacking points on mine bit still wouldn't jack it up there!! You can  buy the entire floor sections that include jacking points that runs along both sides that meets the sills if its that bad.


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0