Author Topic: OEL display wont reset.... any advice  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
OEL display wont reset.... any advice
« on: 24 April 2012, 09:06 »
basically "OEL" flashes up when i turn on the ignition,

been serviced recently, but the idicator wasnt on when i did the service,

I know & have been through the process of holding down the button & turning on ignition,
and then off again,

I can get into the menu, "OEL", "IN 01" & "IN 02" but upon holding down the button to reset nothing happens...... i dont get the cleared "-----" message, I havesat there a few times holding it down for even up to two minutes!!

Is it just me being a twit or has anyone else had this issue.......

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: OEL display wont reset.... any advice
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2012, 13:59 »
it was me being a twit,

forgot reset was the lower clock button.......

one of those weeks i think
  :grin: :laugh: :lipsrsealed:

Offline Rmachines

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,901
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: OEL display wont reset.... any advice
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2012, 18:24 »
Its because reset is the lower clock button  :grin:
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!


Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: OEL display wont reset.... any advice
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2012, 22:06 »
Yes thanks for that... It dawned on me at lunch, so I posted it up in here answering my own question, so hopefully of someone searches in future it will answer their question

Offline Rmachines

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,901
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: OEL display wont reset.... any advice
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2012, 22:13 »
Always good to answer your own questions ... nothing worse than finding a thread that has no answer.  :smiley:
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!