Author Topic: Idiots guide to setting TDC please!  (Read 1343 times)

Offline bluquarta

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 196
Idiots guide to setting TDC please!
« on: 12 April 2012, 15:44 »
Can anyone do me an idiots guide to setting TDC in order to make sure my new DIzzy is set correctly please?

Got the dreaded 5k limit and reckon it must be very slightly out. Have done a search and even got a Haynes (sh1te for AGG engines) but still not exactly sure  :huh:

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: Idiots guide to setting TDC please!
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2012, 15:54 »
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Idiots guide to setting TDC please!
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2012, 16:48 »
Don't use a chopstick in number 1 bore, don't ask me why I know this. :grin:

Nick

Offline gasketface

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,237
Re: Idiots guide to setting TDC please!
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2012, 21:11 »
and there's me thinkin that chicken chow mein sorts all known problems  :laugh:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Idiots guide to setting TDC please!
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2012, 21:06 »
Don't use a chopstick in number 1 bore, don't ask me why I know this. :grin:

Nick

I am guessing you snapped it :grin: welding rod is better