Author Topic: wayward steering  (Read 2778 times)

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: wayward steering
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2012, 22:00 »
I get a bit of this if i really boot it and it's an 8v so it's not torque steer..... :grin:
8V are torque monsters compared to a valver  :laugh:
Well thats cheered me right up!.. :smiley:

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: wayward steering
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2012, 17:35 »
Is there any crunching noise coming from the footwell?

Iv got these symptoms what should I look at when I get time?

mine turned out to be the pinion, dont know the cause if it was just old but my theory is bare with me, you no you get the big rubber pads on the rack holding it in position sort of (dont know the correct name) but one had sliped out and maybe the extra pressure caused by that not being there damaged the the top of the pinion where maybe it slipped down abit from the uj joint at the bottom of the steering column, who knows, but it was the pinion

Offline biddy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Re: wayward steering
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2012, 16:29 »
top mounts all done know cheers guys