Author Topic: No Longer **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS
« Reply #10 on: 12 April 2012, 21:04 »


Roof racks on. I quite like the look  :lipsrsealed:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS
« Reply #11 on: 12 April 2012, 21:21 »


Roof racks on. I quite like the look  :lipsrsealed:

+1 I like my mk3 with the bars, they suit it well IMO

josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: No Longer **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS
« Reply #12 on: 12 April 2012, 23:30 »
Can't say I'm a fan but if they're on there to do a job then so be it. The next thing we'll be hearing is that it's cool to tow a caravan.

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: No Longer **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS
« Reply #13 on: 12 April 2012, 23:35 »
Can't say I'm a fan but if they're on there to do a job then so be it. The next thing we'll be hearing is that it's cool to tow a caravan.

Caravans FTMFW  :grin:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: No Longer **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2012, 11:45 »
Can't say I'm a fan but if they're on there to do a job then so be it. The next thing we'll be hearing is that it's cool to tow a caravan.

Nah, not caravan. But trailer yes  :grin:



Loading the kart on the roof wasn't difficult between me and a mate, but he's back at uni now so it's the girlfriend I have to rely on. Need to find a cheap trailer and tow eye then somewhere to store it, it'd make life much easier as the kart could travel with engine included rather than take it on and off for every travel.

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: No Longer **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS
« Reply #15 on: 14 April 2012, 13:19 »
My valver came with a genuine VW tow hitch / bumper bar when i got it...that was soon skipped and weighed a bloody ton!

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: No Longer **URGENT** VW VOTEX ROOF BARS
« Reply #16 on: 14 April 2012, 17:28 »
Is fitting a tow bar and electrics easy?

Looking at something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfalia-Towbar-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk3-1991-1997-Swan-Neck-Tow-Bar-/290617560252?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item43aa280cbc#ht_2653wt_1185

Swan neck so there's no need to cut the bumper, and 2 bolts to remove the towbar.