Author Topic: dash clocks  (Read 886 times)

Offline ianmaxtec

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
dash clocks
« on: 30 October 2010, 17:50 »
Have an 86 K-jet, 8 valve. I changed the clocks (as I was having problem with the old ones), and all is fine. My question is this: the new clocks have a MPG needle at the top centre, which don’t work, I presume its because the looms in my car do not support this function, and I also presume there is some kind of sensor requires, which I do not have (lots of presuming !!!)

As always any suggestions would be welcome




Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: dash clocks
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2010, 09:18 »
yeah yopu wont get that working properly as it requires a different reverse switch on the gearbox. later cars have a 2 pin one, you need the ealy one with a much larger multi pin plug (so the clocks know your car is in 5th)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.