Author Topic: 16v roof Ariel... Poor radio signal...help please  (Read 1394 times)

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
16v roof Ariel... Poor radio signal...help please
« on: 30 October 2010, 19:30 »
Hi there

Can anyone offer any advice on how to get a better radio reception
Please, is it just a case of replacing the roof Ariel ????

Thanks for your help

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: 16v roof Ariel... Poor radio signal...help please
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2010, 20:31 »
Mine was poor, but would work if I held onto it  :grin:

I tried the mast off my Passat and it worked perfectly, so I bought another, but one for a current shape MX5. They dont have the curly wire  round them like the new masts do, so looked more like the original one.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: 16v roof Ariel... Poor radio signal...help please
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2010, 20:51 »
Switch to a roof aeriel with a built in amp.

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: 16v roof Ariel... Poor radio signal...help please
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2010, 15:33 »
Hi there

How much and where from please???
Does that sort it once and for all?

Thanks

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: 16v roof Ariel... Poor radio signal...help please
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2010, 16:00 »
Hi there

How much and where from please???
Does that sort it once and for all?

Thanks

GSF pn 892VG0080

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: 16v roof Ariel... Poor radio signal...help please
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2010, 16:05 »
Thanks