Author Topic: Thoughts on exhaust connectors  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Thoughts on exhaust connectors
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2010, 20:53 »
It looks like it is holed right up to the sill.

If I were you, I'd remove the plastic sill cover and give it a hard poke with a pointed hammer or screwdriver. Sills are structural and you don't want to mess about.

Put the legwork in yourself for grinding/cutting/cleaning, then shape up the replacement panel with whatever overlap your welder recommends and you'll save some money.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Thoughts on exhaust connectors
« Reply #11 on: 07 October 2010, 20:55 »
It looks like it is holed right up to the sill.

If I were you, I'd remove the plastic sill cover and give it a hard poke with a pointed hammer or screwdriver. Sills are structural and you don't want to mess about.

Put the legwork in yourself for grinding/cutting/cleaning, then shape up the replacement panel with whatever overlap your welder recommends and you'll save some money.

Right Ben, fallen upon death ears! I was only shown the hole of hell! :grin:

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Thoughts on exhaust connectors
« Reply #12 on: 07 October 2010, 21:22 »
haha , Ive found replacements for £20, I text dads mate whos a body man, i think he thought stuff doing that for cheap and dint reply ! lol Ill just tell passengers not to get in the front !

I saw exactly wheres the waters coming from, comes from the wheel arch area then drips off the bottom of the floor plan! Should i poke more of it then, say 2 inches along where it "looks" fine but may be rusted ?