Author Topic: Fueling Issues? 16v KR  (Read 1125 times)

Offline bluestreak56

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 84
Fueling Issues? 16v KR
« on: 04 October 2010, 23:21 »
Ever since I've had my car (Scirocco 16v injection kr converted) its had a mysterious "cold start issue" where for the first 30 seconds after you start it, the revs drop low and sometimes will threaten to cut out. After this period it corrects itself and is fine.

I've just lived with this as its not a real issue, however recently im having similar / bigger issues.

- In first gear when pulling off the car has been dropping revs, threatening to cut out and spluttering, not pulling away smoothly at all. (Occasionally)
- Today after parking the car for a few hours I went back to start it up and it didnt want to start at all, eventually I was able to start it but holding the key on and flooring the acc pedal till eventually it built up enough revs to pass 1000 (this took maybe 45secs - 1 min?)
- When driving afterwards it still felt spluttery at low speeds / idle.

I have tried:

1) Disconnected the CSV and tried to start the car - Did not start which apparently signifies that the thermo-time switch is working correctly?
2) Took the ISV out and gave it some WD40 and sprayed air down it, it looks pretty clean to be honest.

Any thoughts? Recently replaced the fuel pump with an original bosch supposedly only partly used one, it seems to prime ok.
Rust in the tank? (Im hoping not)
Lift pump?
Metering head knackered? (changed to this one last year 2nd hand)
Leaky injectors

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author