Author Topic: 16v idle with lights turned on - SOLVED  (Read 2934 times)

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: 16v idle with lights turned on
« Reply #10 on: 19 August 2010, 01:30 »
Isolate the headlights pull the fuses and check if the ISV is still getting current? If not, then you found the problem. Then I recomend you trace the whole loom for the headlights to see if any wires seem amiss or melted itself on the loom for the ISV failing that try and re run the three wires from ISV and controller to a seperate plug to the fuse box? Guess the wires to ISV are less to deal with than headlight wires!

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: 16v idle with lights turned on
« Reply #11 on: 19 August 2010, 02:32 »
Ant,

If you need a good MK2 Mechanic in the Sheffield area then you will not go wrong with my M8

Matt@Autohausdolby

http://www.autohausdolby.co.uk/

He drives a Valver and what he don't know about VW's, ain't worth knowing...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: 16v idle with lights turned on
« Reply #12 on: 19 August 2010, 09:43 »
Ant,

If you need a good MK2 Mechanic in the Sheffield area then you will not go wrong with my M8

Matt@Autohausdolby

http://www.autohausdolby.co.uk/

He drives a Valver and what he don't know about VW's, ain't worth knowing...

I want to try and get to the bottom of this myself as I know how expensive electrics can be.

However if he knows how to diagnose issues with, and set up a k-jet properly, then I'll be getting in touch  :smiley:
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: 16v idle with lights turned on - RESOLVED!
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2010, 12:09 »
Another update on this - I've finally solved it!

The problem was that someone had connected the spare spade terminal (green wire) on the ISV controller loom to a spare plug coming out of the fusebox.

The spare plug (grey/blue wire) came out of the 'D' plug on the fusebox, and shared a pin with the cigarette lighter illumination.

I've disconnected the wire now and all is well!
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6