GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
gerarbox reconditioners
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: gerarbox reconditioners (Read 2121 times)
mk2bal
I live here
Posts: 811
gerarbox reconditioners
«
on:
05 September 2010, 16:42 »
anyone recommend a good company for gearbox reconditioning? my 020 16v box is leaking, crunching and blows oil up the speedo cable! ive seen a company do em for £400 with nut and bolted diff's, does this sound about right or is there anyone on the forums that does it a bit cheaper?
Logged
kevjenkins
Not said much yet
Posts: 70
VW ITS A RELIGION
Re: gerarbox reconditioners
«
Reply #1 on:
05 September 2010, 17:50 »
I dont know where u are but there is a company called Agency transmission in worcester they are brill
Logged
danny_p
Forum addict
Posts: 4,644
Re: gerarbox reconditioners
«
Reply #2 on:
05 September 2010, 20:06 »
£400 is a good price for a full rebuild
Logged
all the VW's have gone bar 1.
Ben Lessani
I live here
Posts: 3,873
The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: gerarbox reconditioners
«
Reply #3 on:
05 September 2010, 22:04 »
Sounds pretty normal to me.
Given you have no location, I'm going to guess Paisley. Luckily, there is a good workshop just down the road from you in Paisley on canal street that will re-con a box for you.
Logged
mk2bal
I live here
Posts: 811
Re: gerarbox reconditioners
«
Reply #4 on:
06 September 2010, 22:13 »
im in essex! the place ive seen is volkswagenspares.com , it doesnt look bad!
Logged
Reasty
I live here
Posts: 1,070
Alpine white valver.
Re: gerarbox reconditioners
«
Reply #5 on:
07 September 2010, 10:02 »
Quote from: mk2bal on 06 September 2010, 22:13
im in essex! the place ive seen is volkswagenspares.com , it doesnt look bad!
I contacted these people a few months ago about a mk2 16v o2y gearbox and one of there guys very rudly told me "we don't ave any!!"
Logged
raferackstraw
I live here
Posts: 904
Re: gerarbox reconditioners
«
Reply #6 on:
07 September 2010, 13:18 »
i ve posted this co so many times now
http://www.theengineshop.info/contact.html
they did my 16v box mate it was 456 quid. was like new, altho i did have to change a drive flange seal after 14months but hey they were willing to fit n supply a new seal, but i couldnt be arsed with taking it back and not having the car for a week while they fitted it in with their other work.
Logged
wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
gerarbox reconditioners