GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
steering column boot
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: steering column boot (Read 1560 times)
ramps
Not said much yet
Posts: 85
steering column boot
«
on:
31 August 2010, 18:08 »
Basically i need the rubber boot for the steering column on my 8v non powersteering. I cant find it anywhere all i can seem to see is uv joint boots. Am I just being blind or am I going to need to go all out and get a main dealer part?
Logged
jezza16v
I live here
Posts: 981
Re: steering column boot
«
Reply #1 on:
31 August 2010, 20:49 »
No longer available anywhere it seems
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=164148.0
Logged
ramps
Not said much yet
Posts: 85
Re: steering column boot
«
Reply #2 on:
31 August 2010, 20:55 »
Well just ridiculous! Cheers for the info dude, anyone done any sort of quick fix bodge up to? It is ripped to shreds on my car!
Logged
leeroy20vt
I live here
Posts: 1,951
h reg mk2 gti
Re: steering column boot
«
Reply #3 on:
31 August 2010, 22:19 »
i fitted a power steering one cut little bit of cottom as there longer and zipped tied it as far as i know its still all good
Logged
pm me for mk2 golf parts
jezza16v
I live here
Posts: 981
Re: steering column boot
«
Reply #4 on:
01 September 2010, 08:14 »
RJ. Is the PAS gaiter definately 'longer'? If so I'll give that a try. Expensive if you mess it up though
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
steering column boot