Author Topic: header tank/coolant tank leak from rubber/plastic nut that the sender goes on  (Read 1400 times)

Offline 6foot6

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 93
as above, when I fill the coolant up to the max mark, drive about and get it up to temp and pressure builds, Im loosing coolant from the seal on the sender .

Have I filled it too much and its expanding and overflowing, becuse it drops the level down to Min after a week, or is this a common fault with the seal nut?

i have the old large style coolant tank not the round one, can I still buy these new at GSF as they list a few or can you just get the seal?

cheers,

Tom
Golf GTi 8v Alpine white - Project track shlag - TLC needed - KnN/Scorpien full system oval tail pipe, rust here and there.
1991 Toyota MR2 MK Revision 1 Turbo, rev 3 LSD, CT20b Turbo, HKS Exhaust, Blitz Downpipe 244HP@the wheels @ 13psi - 12.9 SQM :D
1994 BMW 730 V8 fully loaded 220BHP

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
there is a seal on this sensor, just replace the entire sensor with a new one.
have a close look at the tank when you take it out though, it may be the issue is with the tank itself. i bought a brand febi tank and it leaked there, due to it beain a cheap piece of crap. had new febi sensor and still leaked, as did an old vw sensor. in the end i swapped the old tank back on and it was perfect. febi tank -> bin
« Last Edit: 02 August 2010, 09:57 by rubjonny »
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.