Author Topic: Metal dipstick tube removal  (Read 1006 times)

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Metal dipstick tube removal
« on: 18 July 2010, 09:07 »
Hi, we're just in the process of taking the engine out (8v PB) to clean up the bay & block etc. Can the metal dipstic tube be removed from the block, can't see an obvious way of getting it out?  :undecided:

Offline Simeon

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,264
Re: Metal dipstick tube removal
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2010, 13:45 »
Tap it out from underneath with an appropriate sized socket or similar

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Re: Metal dipstick tube removal
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2010, 13:47 »
Thanks, we'll see it when the sump is off I guess?

Offline Simeon

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,264
Re: Metal dipstick tube removal
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2010, 15:32 »
Yep