Author Topic: Roll Cage's  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Toby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,901
  • Car - less
Re: Roll Cage's
« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2010, 17:40 »
Eez, thanks dh, well think I'm going to go for the standerd look but 1.8t is still what I want,

Time to stick the seats and harneses on the bay :) and buy a new interior lol

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline dan_apps

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,677
  • too low for british roads!
Re: Roll Cage's
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2010, 20:24 »
excellent advice from mr DH :afro: and totally agree with what he is saying. find a nice comfy interior instead!

Offline Toby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,901
  • Car - less
Re: Roll Cage's
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2010, 21:59 »
yeah thats the plan :) mine was shot to sh!t anyway lol, got to strip it anyway for the respray soon :|

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Roll Cage's
« Reply #13 on: 01 April 2010, 11:01 »
As mentioned harnesses for general driving are not very comfortable. Manoeuvres will be more difficult to perform (easing out of a junction, adjusting the stereo etc) - so are best kept for track use.
Think insurance companies take a dim view on cars with rollcages.