Hi all. Thought I would try asking this question as I've searched for an answer but can't seem to find one.
I have a mk2 with a 1.8 KR engine in it. Was wondering if they have the 020 gearbox attached? If so I have a nice whine coming from the gearbox are when I'm driving (I can only hear it when i'm driving down narrow streets and it echos off other cars). I looked to drain the gearbox oil and do a replacement but I can't find any info on doing this and the haynes manual is not very forthcoming. As far as I can tell there is a torx bolt underneath that looks like a drain off for the gearbox oil but when i removed this nothing came out, just a little trickle? I then undid the 17mm filler plug on the side and topped it up and it trickled out of the filler hole after a while, is this right? Just unsure of how much to put in as I'm sure it should be more than the 1/2 litre I put in there yet nothing came out when I undid the torx bolt underneath in the middle! Anyone able to point me in the right direction?