Author Topic: testing fan on 1996 mk3 golf  (Read 1835 times)

Offline yorkshire_gti

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 94
testing fan on 1996 mk3 golf
« on: 24 August 2009, 20:08 »
I was wanting to test my fan is working on my 1.8 golf mk3( 1996) as its just sprung a leak and
seems very hot...

ive unplugged the switch on the right hand side to try and bridge the connections(theres 3 pins)....

when i join the top one to the bottom right the fan spins ok...

but nothing happens if i do the top one to the bottom left?

is this right?

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: testing fan on 1996 mk3 golf
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2009, 10:32 »
the red wire is your live feed, if you bridge this to each of the other pins the fan should spin slow & fast I believe. to teast this jump the fan direct from the battery, run the earth to the brown wire pin, then jump the other pins with a live feed from the battery, it should spin slow & fast. if it only spins on 1 speed you need another fan
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.