Hey guys,
Just found this forum through a quick google so hopefully you guys can help!

I live in Australia and it is starting to get a bit hot again now with summer right around the corner.
I occasionally have this problem with my 1997 Golf.
Basically it gets stuck in Limp Home mode where it won't change out of first gear and the rev's won't go over 3000rpm.
The car is an auto.
This only occurs on super hot days (30degrees) after a good hour or so of driving so my first thought was to think if the car was overheating.
However the cars dash thermostat does not move. All the coolant in the radiator is not leaking and looks fine. Got this checked out by a mechanic and the mechanic was not able to diagnose the problem.
The car has a plastic radiator and I was informed that perhaps I should upgrade to a chrome radiator? as this could help cool the car down?
Would there be a problem with the ECU to cause it from doing this or is this a known issue with this model.
The reason i'm asking is I took it to a mechanic and he was not able to find any problems.
Looking forward to hearing from your responses.
Thanks,
Craig
