Author Topic: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!  (Read 3311 times)

kcolevol

  • Guest
I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« on: 02 August 2008, 11:22 »
Anyone have a site or link that tells me exactly what needs to be done for a KO4 turbo conversion? Saw Ashes one and thats some of me!! Would appriciate the help guys!!

Cheers

Offline linz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,412
  • vee-dub
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2008, 13:47 »
ashmond will no but basically you wil have to upgrade everything...pistons lines ect alot of the parts you'd get off and audi s3.. i looked into it myself and decided the costs werent worth it for me..

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2008, 14:21 »
 You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 02 August 2008, 14:37 by richw911 »

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline GTi-Matt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,635
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2008, 15:07 »
You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:

everything but the kitchen sink, if your lucky enough to find a scrap yard with a s3 in get the engine would be alot easier!!!!!
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline Jamm89

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
  • Mk4 GTI 2ltr 3door Black
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2008, 15:43 »
You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:

everything but the kitchen sink, if your lucky enough to find a scrap yard with a s3 in get the engine would be alot easier!!!!!

The engine you would need is a BAM. I think. lol

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2008, 15:47 »
You will need Bigger Air Filter, MAF, MAF Tube, k04 turbo TIP, 4bar Fuel injectors,FMIC, k04 exhaust manifold, sports exchaust, high flow cat, and remap to suit.  :smiley:

everything but the kitchen sink, if your lucky enough to find a scrap yard with a s3 in get the engine would be alot easier!!!!!

The engine you would need is a BAM. I think. lol

Indeed bam is the S3 engine  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline T_J_G

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,279
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2008, 15:48 »
I found a whole kit for sale on one of the forum for about £450 i think. cant remember where though!

Tim

Offline Jamm89

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
  • Mk4 GTI 2ltr 3door Black
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2008, 16:02 »
There are some on ebay aswell.
That engine was also in the 225 TT

Offline Ashmond

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,515
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Re: I WANT ME A KO4 TURBO CONVERSION!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2008, 09:42 »
Linz you dont need to uprate the pistons unless your going over 300bhp.

I seriously would tell people that this is a pain in the ass of a conversion but it is worth it once its running right. You need to change:

Turbo
Mainifold
Dowpipe
Cats/Decat
Injectors
3" Maf + Induction
Oil & Water Lines
FMIC or Twin SMIC's (If you go side mounts then manifold, etc needs to be changed)

Check my project thread for a write up on it. Its a pain in the ass to do though if im honest!

KO4's come on any Cupra R Leon, 225 TT or s3.

I went a step further and changed the management and loom to that of an S3 as it would then ignore the 2nd lambda sensor and therefore not give me ridiculous fueling!
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)