Author Topic: Audi Coupé alloys - the poor mans porche wheels?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
I was having a think, my step dad has an Audi Coupé with these wheels on it (image stolen from eBay)



They are 15s running 205/55/15, I reckon that if they were chromed up, with some slightly lower profile tyres, they would be pretty damn cool looking. They already look kind of like the Porche wheels everyone sticks on their cars, and it gives me a cheap way of making the car look better (without the obvious expense).

My point is, has anyone tried this yet (photo me!)?
What are aftermarket chrome jobs usually like (do they last at all?)
Does someone want to photoshop it onto my car?

Ben

Offline ...joe

  • Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,269
i think these wheels are cool as well but due to the different stud pattern (4x108 or 112 i think) and the cost of adaptors, makes them not such a cheap and cheerfull option. plus you can get design 90's for like £100 if you look around and they are a much nicer wheel!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Neaty

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,395
if you are ever thinking of selling those and they are indeed 4x108 then I might know someone who could be interested  :wink:

Offline FBF

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 355
i can confirm that these are 4/108

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
 doh!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
They look just like 'le castelet' wheels that were fitted to the MK2 'one in ten million' campaign GTI, around 88 :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.