Author Topic: Comptible tyres?tyre guide?any help?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Jasikasisback

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 782
Comptible tyres?tyre guide?any help?
« on: 11 June 2012, 07:41 »
Hi i will need new tyres soon and was wondering what rims and tyre sizes will fit a standard non gti four stud mk3. The manual gives three tyre sizes for a 55kw.
175/70R13, 185/60R14, 195/50R15.
My car has the R14's on it.

I am aware that the rims(wheels) are compatible only with certain makes. I discovered the hard way that ford rims are not compatible.

Questions:

What size tyres/wheels can be put on a standard mk3 golf 4 stud that wont need modification/cause damage?

Which other car make wheels are compatble? (seat/audi/skoda) compatible? Bmw? Without modifications?

It would be a very useful guide for someone like me and much appreciated as lots od ads say that 17" are compatible on stock but just want to make sure,


Thanks

Offline lemski

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,017
  • 16v
Re: Comptible tyres?tyre guide?any help?
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2012, 07:57 »
If its 4x100 pcd and centre bores. 57.1 (I ithink) then it'll go on. Needs et around 37 aswell

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Comptible tyres?tyre guide?any help?
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2012, 12:29 »
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Comptible tyres?tyre guide?any help?
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2012, 12:35 »
p.s your speedo will be out depending what size wheels you go for, going from the 13" i found 195/50/15 if a perfect fit but lots of people will say 16s look better on a mk3 but up to you. check the link out i gave you look for anything 4 stud pcd 100 center bore 57.1 if your looking on ebay and the seller is unsure on any information just ask them what car the wheels came off and check it on the links i gave you.

what way are you going with your mk3? slammed? or just want bigger alloys google ATS cups personal favourite of  mine.

lots of people like BBS to.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6