Author Topic: Good idea or will it look stupid?  (Read 3587 times)

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Good idea or will it look stupid?
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2012, 20:52 »
Just drilled a hole in the selector closer to the pivot point and used a nut and bolt to hold the cable. I drilled closer than I was supposed to hence the throw but never had any issues with. Also uprated the rubbers in the end of the cables by using and hard rubber bush I had in the garage. I don't drive it hard much these days but when i first did it I felt proper good. Changing gear with a flick of an index finger  :grin: You can't do that mod with side to side movement but sure you can buy something for that.

  :cool:, will save this for later. Side to side isn't too bad tho.
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Good idea or will it look stupid?
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2012, 21:56 »
If your going to do it then cut the lever down.

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Good idea or will it look stupid?
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2012, 22:21 »
Yh would cut it down a bit.

Would like to have a Ferrari style plate

josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Good idea or will it look stupid?
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2012, 23:17 »
I have the same corrado selector in my valver, I took the std 16v one apart and replaced the stick with the corrado one, shortens the stick beautifully an feels more natural relaxed position as it comes to Hand easier, as for shortening the throw, I feel it made an improvement but I did t make measurements,
The reason I didn't cut mine was that I didn't hav the correct die for cutting the new thread and I wanted to retain the thread for my anni gear knob, and I had the rado one just gathering dust
« Last Edit: 06 June 2012, 23:20 by Dogbot »

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Good idea or will it look stupid?
« Reply #14 on: 07 June 2012, 10:49 »

Would like to have a Ferrari style plate


Would not work very well to be honest

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Good idea or will it look stupid?
« Reply #15 on: 07 June 2012, 13:02 »

Would like to have a Ferrari style plate


Would not work very well to be honest

Yh I know, was just looking at round gear knobs and found that.
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi