Author Topic: my sills after taking skirts off.  (Read 10711 times)

Offline tshirt2k

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,323
  • Been there...Done that...
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #40 on: 05 May 2012, 00:32 »
you no what i think im defo gona give it ago. there is even a short college evening course down the road from me to learn how to weld. and seeing as iv been made redundant and there is no bloody work around here id probly get the course for free aswell. that is a bloody good idea actuly seeing as how much welders charge lol

Just buy a welder with gas and start practicing. You don't really need a course. Use the right setting and it should sound like sizzling bacon.  :wink: there are plenty of info on the mig welding website. I prefer to use an argon co2 mix as it stops the spatter a bit and gives a cleaner weld.

I started with a pro90 mig, lasted years and there's only a couple of setting to choose from on the amps.


Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #41 on: 05 May 2012, 07:37 »
problem im gona have is i will also need a petrol generator as there is no electric in my garage  :cry:

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #42 on: 05 May 2012, 08:12 »
I would imagine you'll need a fairly beefy generator too, the only other way is acetylene which a different ball game.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #43 on: 05 May 2012, 09:02 »
Exactly you see my problem. My garage is 2 streets away from my house so I can not use electric tools so everything I do has to be by hand or battery powered. U remember when I put Eamonnism's coilovers on for him I had to walk back to my house a few time to keep charging the battery impact gun to try and get his front top mount nuts off as they didn't want to come off and took all the power from the impact gun. Pain in the ars not having electric.

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #44 on: 06 May 2012, 19:34 »
I have the same problem so i made friends with the person who lives behind my garage court, I gives her a tenner for an extension lead to be plugged in to her kitchen for a few hours over the weekend.... Maybe worth a try...

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #45 on: 07 May 2012, 11:07 »
yeah im not really gona go knock on a random persons door an d ask to use there electric  :grin:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #46 on: 07 May 2012, 14:37 »
Well...... I did... An now I have electric in my garage when I need it.  :cool:.. An she makes tea an brings it down with buiscwits.... She's a top neighbour...

If ya don't ask you'll never know pmsl... Wats the worst that can happen... You get told to sod off..


Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #47 on: 07 May 2012, 18:59 »
Well...... I did... An now I have electric in my garage when I need it.  :cool:.. An she makes tea an brings it down with buiscwits.... She's a top neighbour...

If ya don't ask you'll never know pmsl... Wats the worst that can happen... You get told to sod off..



the area where i live you knock on strange doors at your own risk  :grin:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #48 on: 07 May 2012, 19:02 »
Haha thats fair enough dude, to be fair she had popped down previously to complain about my diesel generator making a racket, so I thort why not ask but if it means endangering your life I wouldn't bother either

Offline eamonnism

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: my sills after taking skirts off.
« Reply #49 on: 07 May 2012, 19:53 »
Well...... I did... An now I have electric in my garage when I need it.  :cool:.. An she makes tea an brings it down with buiscwits.... She's a top neighbour...

If ya don't ask you'll never know pmsl... Wats the worst that can happen... You get told to sod off..



the area where i live you knock on strange doors at your own risk  :grin:



+1 (same area)  :grin: