Author Topic: Chasing a water leak in footwell  (Read 1578 times)

Offline thebassman

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 225
Chasing a water leak in footwell
« on: 07 May 2012, 17:25 »
After developing an indoor water feature in the passengers side footwell last week, and lots of searching on here. I removed the scuttle panel, pollen filter and pollen filter housing.
I noticed one of the nuts holding the pollen filter housing was missing, don't suppose anyone has a spare??


I cleaned out the all the leaves and dirt from the drain. I poured some water down by the bulkhead and it all ran out through the wing so looks promising.

I will keep an eye on it next week, as it looks like it's gonna rain all week.

cheers

thebassman

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: Chasing a water leak in footwell
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2012, 17:28 »
scrap yard take a 10mm spanner in your pocket and nick 2 of them that way you well have one pluss a  spare  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: Chasing a water leak in footwell
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2012, 17:31 »
scrap yard take a 10mm spanner in your pocket and nick 2 of them that way you well have one pluss a  spare  :laugh: :laugh:

Now that's a plan :smiley: lol

Offline thebassman

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 225
Re: Chasing a water leak in footwell
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2012, 18:28 »
scrap yard take a 10mm spanner in your pocket and nick 2 of them that way you well have one pluss a  spare  :laugh: :laugh:

Now that's a plan :smiley: lol

+1 to that, just got to find a scrappy now.
I had better get googling.
Cheers
Thebassman