Author Topic: 20vt turbo back system  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
20vt turbo back system
« on: 13 April 2012, 13:19 »
does anyone know what modification would be needed to fit a mk4 turbo back exhaust system to a mk3 20vt?
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: 20vt turbo back system
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2012, 13:41 »
Lots of cutting and welding, better to use a mk3 Jetex system

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: 20vt turbo back system
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2012, 14:18 »
thanks, think I'll have to stick with what I've got :( I'm not happy with how the downpipe and cat sit or the position when its all fitted to the Jetex, guess theres not much I can do about it though without creating more headaches  :cry:
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: 20vt turbo back system
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2012, 15:55 »
Get the grinder out and make good of what you have. Know a welder?

I got one and have a handful of mates that weld when I need something tig welded, or alloy weld.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: 20vt turbo back system
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2012, 15:57 »
Lots of welding big head ale but worth it in the end





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: 20vt turbo back system
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2012, 17:23 »
I think part of my problem might also be the jetex system I have is 2nd hand and the guy who had it before me has cut the middle hanger bracket off and made some kind of bodge job hanger. It does the job but it doesn't sit right no matter how I hang it. also no I dont know a welder :( not local anyway, and as its my only car and I have no garage anything I take off has to be back on again before I'm finished. A curse that has already stopped me from doing so many things  :angry:

hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be owning my own property with a garage  :smiley:
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: 20vt turbo back system
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2012, 21:01 »
thanks, think I'll have to stick with what I've got :( I'm not happy with how the downpipe and cat sit or the position when its all fitted to the Jetex, guess theres not much I can do about it though without creating more headaches  :cry:

told u to buy the pipe i had as its made to measure... perfection
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/