Author Topic: Did anyone else have a rubbish Friday 13th?  (Read 893 times)

Offline twotwofour

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 225
Did anyone else have a rubbish Friday 13th?
« on: 14 April 2012, 19:47 »
I had a pig of a day!

Attempted to change lower ball joint and tie rod end yesterday. Tie rod was seized and took some real effort with plus gas etc.

Moved onto lower ball joint and the stud from the ball joint was so long I couldnt get my splitter on it. Ended up stripping hub, driveshaft fell out of inner cv joint due to circlip not been on properly and it ripped the gaiter off the inner cv joint during its break for freedom.

Just as I was using more expletives in the hope it would fix itself I heard thunder. Rain soon followed and so I left it till this morning. Laptop packed up last night just to rub salt in the wound.
This morning it rained some more, so I got wetter and wetter. Got it all back together. Got warm then took it for a test drive. All is well, checked it all looked ok and the inner cv joint gaiter has come off again.

Balls! Any tricks to get this back into the recess in the cv joint without stripping it.

It's times like this I wish I had a 3rd arm!
---------------------------------------
Mk2 small bumper 16v 3dr golf gti
Mk3 5dr 8v golf gti x2
Need a mk1 gti, mk1 caddy, mk3 vr6