Author Topic: london taxi  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: london taxi
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2012, 11:28 »
Can you weld??   :cool:

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: london taxi
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2012, 12:58 »
It's cast steel so not easiest of jobs to do for someone who isn't experienced and has the proper gear. Buy another manifold, much quicker and easier.

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: london taxi
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2012, 13:24 »
There no time like the present to learn then is there....... :grin:

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: london taxi
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2012, 14:39 »
I fixed my crack (ooh err) buy drilling a small hole each end of each crack (I had about 8 as the downpipe consistantly hits the floor.  :laugh:


Put the welder on full and had some special rods that someone on here advised and went for it. Ground the crack lengthways with a diamond cut of disc and then penetrated and welded hard then did one either side. Been absolutely fine!

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: london taxi
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2012, 14:49 »
I fixed my crack (ooh err) buy drilling a small hole each end of each crack (I had about 8 as the downpipe consistantly hits the floor.  :laugh:


Put the welder on full and had some special rods that someone on here advised and went for it. Ground the crack lengthways with a diamond cut of disc and then penetrated and welded hard then did one either side. Been absolutely fine!

you see, you see!!! do exactly what that man said, works a treat for me too, only I dont get on with my Arc welder like i do my mig welder so we dont work together often lol......

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
Re: london taxi
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2012, 16:08 »
One off,one on I think is the easier option..