Author Topic: blinkers...  (Read 2330 times)

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: blinkers...
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2010, 18:49 »
my f reg early digi (with square expansion tank) small bumper had large spline but CE1 electrics (hazard switch on dash)  :huh:

but the chassis numbers had been filed off!  :shocked:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: blinkers...
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2010, 00:34 »
if it looks to have a collar pressed over the original spline its large spline, if not its small. should be large based on piccy in your sig, though it could have been changed at some point

I was wondering about how to actually measure the size of the spline, 'cause I wanna see what other car steering wheels'll fit. Wouldn't mind a BMW wheel lol

Offline rowleyslims

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 226
  • hakuna mutata
Re: blinkers...
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2010, 00:37 »
i feel like you guys pretty much solved my problem and i havnt even tried fixing it yet. i can picture the entire process in my head  :grin: hahah

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: blinkers...
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2010, 00:51 »
To get a steering wheel off, do I just need to undo the big nut in the middle??

I tend to remove the even bigger nut between the seat and the wheel first


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: blinkers...
« Reply #14 on: 06 July 2010, 09:16 »
yeah the large spline came in late 88/early 89, my F reg CE1 driver had it too
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.