Author Topic: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle  (Read 1837 times)

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« on: 28 October 2010, 09:17 »
Picked this up the other day off eBay......



Cost just over £16 pound delivered, really good quality if anyone ever needs one...

That's one of today's little jobs :grin:

Thanks

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2010, 14:16 »
Can't see pic's at work :undecided:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2010, 14:26 »
you aint missing anything. you know what a mk2 bottle looks like right? well think of that, but clean. oh and it has a green cap  :grin:
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2010, 14:28 »
you aint missing anything. you know what a mk2 bottle looks like right? well think of that, but clean. oh and it has a green cap  :grin:

Picturing it in my minds eye as you read this :smiley:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Dolly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 721
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2010, 18:46 »
lol... i got the round Rado bottle brand new from VW for less than that...

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2010, 19:41 »
Yeah I have a round, but the square ones from VAG are like £40 odd squid!
I would change the cap to a RED one then its looks OEM LOL!

Offline dan7

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,419
  • 85 T25 camper, 90 Mk2 16v, 90 Caddy
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2010, 22:57 »
Sad as I am, I changed my red cap to a green one to go with the car!  :nerd:

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2010, 19:19 »
I was told the square bottle was no longer available thru TPS, so this was my easy fix :evil:

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Bargain power steering reservoir bottle
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2010, 21:03 »
No its just on back order through a VAG dealer proberly. TPS are good on certain parts but I still use VAG dealers on others. Fro example I can't get body parts through VAG have to use TPS!