Author Topic: Replacing my power steering resevoir...help/advice please  (Read 1242 times)

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Hi there

I have eventually got round to buying a new genuine resevoir, i am just wanting to know if it is an easy straight swap and if there is anything to look out for when doing it????

Thanks for the help.

 :smiley:

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Replacing my power steering resevoir...help/advice please
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2010, 20:29 »
Nope just catch any fluid in a glass and don't reuse it, try and get the old stuff out of the pipe ends whilst doing it.
After filling to max give the steering wheel full locks and let the fluid settle and top up accordingly!

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Replacing my power steering resevoir...help/advice please
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2010, 12:42 »
Nope just catch any fluid in a glass and don't reuse it, try and get the old stuff out of the pipe ends whilst doing it.
After filling to max give the steering wheel full locks and let the fluid settle and top up accordingly!


did this yesterday when disconnecting a PAS hose, as jay says make sure you top up to the brim, start car and give lock to lock, then top up again.

made the world of difference to mine with fresh fluid. steering is lighter and pump is quieter now!


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: Replacing my power steering resevoir...help/advice please
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2010, 17:08 »
Thanks guys, a job for my holiday this week...fed up of it pissing all over the drive :grin: