Author Topic: New wheels fitted  (Read 6495 times)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: New wheels fitted
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2010, 14:21 »
Hummm Interesting... Hence why I do buy from a dealership and not off the bay of tat...

I will stick with OEM parts that are proven to do the job....

Here is a consignment of FAIL shipped in specifically for your confidence:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-10846035

As the man here says - you can't trust genuine parts until they're in boxes with proper security and tamperproofing:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=162949.0

As things like brake pads are *sort of important* in stopping my car, I'd rather buy my kit from a supplier who takes this rather more seriously.

HTHs.

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: New wheels fitted
« Reply #21 on: 20 September 2010, 16:11 »

Rear Bearings... You tell me who the OEM supplier is and get me a price that is near to the aftermarket ones and then give me a cast iron gaurentee that they will last as long as the VAG ones...


FAG, apparently. Available from GSF

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: New wheels fitted
« Reply #22 on: 20 September 2010, 18:31 »
Hummm Interesting... Hence why I do buy from a dealership and not off the bay of tat...

THUNK

This is the sound of you missing the point of that post.

THE PARTS WERE FROM MAIN DEALERS!

ECP and GSF have their parts in properly secured boxes with these security measures, so are probably a safer bet.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: New wheels fitted
« Reply #23 on: 20 September 2010, 20:19 »
Besides its only a wheel bearing. There's nothing to them, theyre hardly likely to go wrong any sooner than genuine.

Let me ask you this

what spark plugs do you buy?

the VW plugs i had in my VR6 had BERU stamped on them. why you can buy from any old factors.


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: New wheels fitted
« Reply #24 on: 20 September 2010, 21:26 »
Don't fink I missed the point!!

The BBC Info says the tip off came from VAG not that the parts were supplied by a dealer...

The thread implies that, but that could just be hear say and is not backed up with factual info...

Hummm Interesting... Hence why I do buy from a dealership and not off the bay of tat...

THUNK

This is the sound of you missing the point of that post.

THE PARTS WERE FROM MAIN DEALERS!

ECP and GSF have their parts in properly secured boxes with these security measures, so are probably a safer bet.

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: New wheels fitted
« Reply #25 on: 20 September 2010, 21:34 »
One thing i will say in defense of genuine is...

...aftermarket bushes can be utter crap. my rear beam bushes fell apart within 12 months, supplied by camberly apparently! So i'd only buy Febi or genuine in that case.  :smiley:


I don't think a semi will give the same results