Author Topic: Making an electric window loom  (Read 5716 times)

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Making an electric window loom
« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2010, 22:17 »
There's an electrical engineer in the Off Topic Thread looking for work.  With all your recent posts, perhaps you should bung him a few quid.

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Making an electric window loom
« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2010, 23:28 »
There's an electrical engineer in the Off Topic Thread looking for work.  With all your recent posts, perhaps you should bung him a few quid.


Nah, I think I get it now :p

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: Making an electric window loom
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2010, 00:05 »
Sorry, forget the bit about the earth going back through the relay - I meant to say that it follows the loom back to the earth point near the fusebox (i.e. there is no connection to an earth point near the switches)

40A relay should be more than enough, in theory it needn't be any higher rating than your highest rated fuse on the circuit.

1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Making an electric window loom
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2010, 00:35 »
Sorry, forget the bit about the earth going back through the relay - I meant to say that it follows the loom back to the earth point near the fusebox (i.e. there is no connection to an earth point near the switches)

40A relay should be more than enough, in theory it needn't be any higher rating than your highest rated fuse on the circuit.



ok, someone told me on here that im better off just nabbing a 53 relay out of a vw, look like im gonna go with that, theres a scrappy dead close to to so winnnnn.

by the end of tomorrow I should be finished with this particular dilemma , cheers to all you patient and less than patient peoples ;p