Author Topic: Lights on buzzer  (Read 14018 times)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #20 on: 15 August 2010, 17:32 »
 :cool:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2010, 13:21 »
you've already sorted this, but let me clarify., the only way a 36 relay will work in the factory socket is if you add the missing pins as per my posts above. the mk3 fusebox is the same inside as a mk2 one, so swapping it wont help at all.  you need to add the correct feeds to plug L on the fusebox, and you could have easily done this since you already knew enough to splice into the wires for the rear lighting harness ;)

all you had to do was get soem wires with fusebox pins on, splice those to the wires in your faq and push them into plug L in the right spots.  before i got a terminal removal tool all i did was cut open spare plugs chopped out of mk3s in the scrappy with a sharp knife in order to retrieve the pins undamaged. you can also try using 2 watcmaker screwdrivers to release the clips but its fiddly.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2010, 14:37 »
Never thought about trying to attach the wires into the plug... Where did you get the removal tool??

I didn't totally understand that post that suggested adding the relative pins in to the sockets...

The reason I thought about the Mk3 box is that they have the relay fitted as standard, but I gather from what you are saying, the pins to the relay pins/sockets are already there its just a matter of fitting the wires into the relative plug/plugs....... It all becomes clear with your explanation now.... I take it that I would still have to splice into the K plug - pins 2 & 3 to loop over the input to Socket L - pins 3 & 4, then run a wire from the door switch to Socket L - pin 1.... Yes???

What I don't understand is why when I connected the live wire to pin 86 on the relay it didn't work & I had to disconnect it... :rolleyes:

I will add this info to the "How To Thread"... :smug:

Thanks again RJ.... :laugh:

you've already sorted this, but let me clarify., the only way a 36 relay will work in the factory socket is if you add the missing pins as per my posts above. the mk3 fusebox is the same inside as a mk2 one, so swapping it wont help at all.  you need to add the correct feeds to plug L on the fusebox, and you could have easily done this since you already knew enough to splice into the wires for the rear lighting harness ;)

all you had to do was get soem wires with fusebox pins on, splice those to the wires in your faq and push them into plug L in the right spots.  before i got a terminal removal tool all i did was cut open spare plugs chopped out of mk3s in the scrappy with a sharp knife in order to retrieve the pins undamaged. you can also try using 2 watcmaker screwdrivers to release the clips but its fiddly.

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #23 on: 16 August 2010, 15:25 »
thats because the 'live' pin needs only to be live when the key is in the ignition, i.e. the warning only sounds when the key is not in the ignition. this feed comes from pin SU on the ignition switch on the MK3, which is also used to turn the radio on when the key is inserted :)

yeah to get it to work you add the required feeds to plug L as per the diagram above, plus the one to H1/7 from the ignition switch. although you dont really need this, just means the buzzer will down regardless of if the key is in the ignition or not!
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.