Author Topic: injector seals  (Read 2634 times)

jamrock

  • Guest
injector seals
« on: 02 August 2010, 22:18 »
i need to buy some injector seals for my 16v. ECP were NO help. they sold me a set of seals that were wrong.

ive been told this is the right part i need from GSF.

185VG0010    SEAL-RING-INJECTOR    G2 16V 2/86 >10/91    0.60



these are the ones they sold me.



these are the ones that were on the car. the ones on the car are thicker.

can someone please confirm if this is the correct part number? and also can someone please provide me with the VW part number

thanks people!!  :smiley:

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: injector seals
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2010, 09:55 »
they look right to me? looking at the pics they seem to be the same size, just the hole in the middle has stretched a bit with age. its the outer diameter that is important. you will struggle to get the new seals on, bit of grease helps. also if they have the top hats on that makes it even more difficult. try soaking the seals in boiling water for a bit, then push on with the aid of some grease to lube em up
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: injector seals
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2010, 12:40 »
034-133-577-E
Same as mine I guess? I had to buy 8 of them becuase they only sell them in a packet and they weren't cheap either from VAG LOL. I still havent put mine on as they are tight as sh!t to get them over the injectors. Let me know how you got on and post a picture with them on if you could fella?


jamrock

  • Guest
Re: injector seals
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2010, 14:56 »
i just brought them from GSF. and...... they look the same :undecided:

i will try what you have suggested RJ and fingers crossed it works.

jay: i will def try to take a few pics whilst doing it. is the part number you gave the VW one??


Offline raferackstraw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 904
Re: injector seals
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2010, 16:51 »
they are deffo the right ones i used them on my kr, i used a pair of long nosed pliers to open them up and they slipped on ok

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

jamrock

  • Guest
Re: injector seals
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2010, 10:05 »
pushed on new injector seals as the old ones were f**ked! it was a nightmare to get on. little trick RJ told me about if you boil them in water they are easy to get on with the aid of some grease.






Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: injector seals
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2010, 10:16 »
It looks like the same postion as mine, but like you I was I was a bit suspicious of right fitting aswell?
The fun part is to get them in collets I had ordered new collets I haven't used aswell becuase the hex key is massive LOL. Best to get the lower seal aswell you can see on the ends. My new ones were silver rubber ones and much better than the ones I had on there!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: injector seals
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2010, 14:52 »
luckily for me one of my drifts had a 13mm hex shaft on it, so i used that and a ring spanner to take mine off  :grin:
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.