Author Topic: Where is the thermosat??????????  (Read 1240 times)

Offline kevjenkins

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 70
  • VW ITS A RELIGION
Where is the thermosat??????????
« on: 31 July 2010, 12:04 »
Where is the thermostate located on a mk2 gti 1.8 8v 1990
please guys is it at the front or side of the head??? cause i have no thermostate in either???

Offline dubslug

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,648
Re: Where is the thermosat??????????
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2010, 12:53 »
The thermostat is located under the water pump in plastic housing, bottom left of engine as u look at it... behind power steering brackets etc if u have it

1992 pearl grey 8v

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Where is the thermosat??????????
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2010, 09:44 »
aye, follow the bottom radiator hose and you'll find the plastic thermostat flange
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.