Author Topic: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Garza

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 199
Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« on: 17 July 2010, 22:08 »
Hi all, im going to go down the Boge Turbo Shocks & Eibach springs route... but not quite sure which ones are the correct shocks from GSF for my GTi 8v as there are a few options!

I've emailed GSF, and they've said these are the ones I need  :huh: :

455VG0350  SHOCK STRUT BQ FR   VE 1.8 Petrol 1/92 >     £32.00   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
513VG0280  SHOCK ABS BQ GAS RE   VE 1.9 Diesel & Turbo Diesel 1/92 >     £27.50   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone confirm if these are the correct ones please?

Regards


mk2 Golf GTi 8v '91 (201,004 miles) & mk5 Golf GT TDI 140

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2010, 22:27 »
If its an 8V its the top ones I think, as the Eibach springs should be the same ones...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Garza

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 199
Re: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2010, 22:47 »
If its an 8V its the top ones I think, as the Eibach springs should be the same ones...

Do you mean the top one quoted above is the correct shock for the fronts for 8v? what about the rear shocks?

Sorry if I sound stupid lol, but it does look like the email I got from GSF suggested the wrong parts? unless they're interchangable?
« Last Edit: 17 July 2010, 23:03 by Garza »


mk2 Golf GTi 8v '91 (201,004 miles) & mk5 Golf GT TDI 140

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2010, 01:21 »
Yes the Fronts... I think they are just inserts... But I'm not sure... But I know when I bought the Eibach springs the Diesel one's were listed as a different item.. I assume it's due to the extra weight of the engine..

But I stand to be corrected...

On my rears I think we used the OEM ones as fitted as they were only a few months old.. and just fitted the Eibach springs...

Mind and buy new OEM Mk3 top mounts etc and fit new bump stops... whilst you have it in bits...

HTH

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Garza

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 199
Re: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2010, 10:55 »
ok thanks, I'll have to double check with them in-store which ones are the correct Boge Turbo Shocks for my car.

X4MGS, how long have you had your Boge Turbo + Eibach set up for? still happy with the ride comfort and handling?


mk2 Golf GTi 8v '91 (201,004 miles) & mk5 Golf GT TDI 140

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2010, 13:24 »
ok thanks, I'll have to double check with them in-store which ones are the correct Boge Turbo Shocks for my car.

X4MGS, how long have you had your Boge Turbo + Eibach set up for? still happy with the ride comfort and handling?

About 3 Months and love it...

I have also fitted a Rear Eibach ARB which also helps the handling.. Got the front to do..

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2010, 14:36 »
I just bought a complete Boge Turbo kit from GSF for £115.  Worked out much cheaper than buying separate.

part number:  995vg0050

Here are picks of the front and rear shocks with the Boge part numbers for reference.






Offline Garza

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 199
Re: Boge Turbo Shocks - correct GSF part??
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2010, 10:11 »
thanks for the responses guys. I will get in contact with GSF again and double check I get the right ones!


mk2 Golf GTi 8v '91 (201,004 miles) & mk5 Golf GT TDI 140