Author Topic: Quick query on mk2 carpets  (Read 2067 times)

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Quick query on mk2 carpets
« on: 02 July 2010, 10:50 »
I've had a search but couldn't find anything.

Super quick query, will a 5dr mk2 carpet fit a 3dr? Wasn't sure if dimensions would be different.

Thanks

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2010, 10:58 »
Yep

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2010, 11:00 »
Yep

So they are completely the same?

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2010, 11:03 »
Yep

So they are completely the same?

From what I have read yes, you may need to do a little trimming around the center pillar

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2010, 11:09 »
Brill, cheers.

Offline dan7

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,419
  • 85 T25 camper, 90 Mk2 16v, 90 Caddy
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #5 on: 02 July 2010, 11:18 »
Sorry, but I beg to differ! Think of the length of the doors...... :smug:

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2010, 11:43 »
makes no difference chap, where the carpet comes up is covered by the b pillar and the sills anyway
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2010, 12:51 »
makes no difference chap, where the carpet comes up is covered by the b pillar and the sills anyway

Also the seat belt anchor point is in the same place on both. The 3 door has a spring loaded thingamejig that moves it back to the line of the B pillar when not in use.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2010, 12:56 »
Sorry, but I beg to differ! Think of the length of the doors...... :smug:

RJ Has Spoken... So Be Told!!! :grin: :laugh: :laugh:

 :lipsrsealed:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Quick query on mk2 carpets
« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2010, 13:50 »
 :tongue:
oh i forgot to say earlier, watch out for pre/post 88 carpets.  later carpet has a larger hole round the handbrake lever. can fit early carpet to late but other way round means you'll have a big hole visible round the handbrake
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.