GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
Power steering resevoir advice please
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Power steering resevoir advice please (Read 1557 times)
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Power steering resevoir advice please
«
on:
14 June 2010, 20:16 »
Hi there
can anyone tell me if I would be able to buy a new power steering resevoir from the dealer, or is it no longer available and I would need to locate a second hand one???
Any ideas on price both new and second hand???
Thank you
Logged
Wayne
Sir Postalot
Posts: 32,051
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #1 on:
14 June 2010, 21:20 »
I am sure it is still available from VW
Logged
clipperjay
I live here
Posts: 3,148
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #2 on:
14 June 2010, 22:27 »
£40 plus VAT if squared rounds are cheaper but if you have a 16V you need square!
After market Egay ones are a reasonable £16 I think just look if you have no luck come back to me!
I have a new round one with no lid though LOL!
Logged
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=170521.0
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=55336.msg427955#msg427955
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #3 on:
15 June 2010, 16:45 »
Need a square one as it's 16v, price is sound minus discount at TPS, should be about 25 quid
Logged
clipperjay
I live here
Posts: 3,148
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #4 on:
15 June 2010, 17:25 »
Quote from: walchy01 on 15 June 2010, 16:45
Need a square one as it's 16v, price is sound minus discount at TPS, should be about 25 quid
No that was with discount mate £40!
Logged
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=170521.0
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=55336.msg427955#msg427955
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #5 on:
15 June 2010, 17:57 »
£40 quid a steal
Logged
clipperjay
I live here
Posts: 3,148
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #6 on:
15 June 2010, 18:01 »
I only get about 10% or VAT off
Sometimes less if its not a common part LOL!
Buy the egay one its like £16 all in no red lid but looks like a good patern part I was tempted until a mate sorted me out with one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350343029803&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Logged
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=170521.0
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=55336.msg427955#msg427955
richard s
I live here
Posts: 725
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #7 on:
15 June 2010, 20:55 »
ive got a used one i bought when i converted to power steering but ended up using a different bottle set up you can have it for £10 the price i paid
if your interested send me a pm
Logged
Dolly
I live here
Posts: 721
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #8 on:
17 June 2010, 22:13 »
the Rado PAS bottle (which i needed for G60 conversion) is only £15ish from the dealer, but you have to get a bit of extra pipework
Logged
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Power steering resevoir advice please
«
Reply #9 on:
03 July 2010, 09:23 »
Back off holiday so back on the golf
Thanks for your advice and help guys.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
Power steering resevoir advice please