Author Topic: what to do with these pipes  (Read 1918 times)

Offline UKG Grant

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 14
what to do with these pipes
« on: 12 March 2010, 21:37 »


If fitting a cone filter where do you re-rute the clear pipes going to the airbox? and what are they for?

loks like its somthing to do with fuel? is it just a cas of ditching the t-piece that it comes from?

cheers!
Grant

Offline The Partsman

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 28
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2010, 22:04 »
It looks nice, clean and original in there....................Keep it that way! :grin: :grin: No reroute needed!

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2010, 23:41 »
Don't bother fitting a cone filter.

Put a good panel filter in there instead.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline kraM

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 301
  • It's not the speed, it's the sudden stops...
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2010, 14:59 »
Block them off, they operate the cold start flap for the hot air from the exhaust manifold heat sheild        (i think). 

Cheers

kraM
It's not the speed... it's the sudden stops...

Offline peaky83

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2010, 10:32 »
Cone filters are w*** Don't do it! I wasted my money on a K&N "Induction Kit" biggest waste of cash ever! Fuel economy went through the floor! Get a pipercross panel filter from GSF £40 I think mine was...

Offline jamie_pyrite

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 901
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2010, 12:02 »
I'm sure I've got a K&N Panel filter in my garage.. Drop me a PM if you're interested ;)

Offline russ-vdub

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,350
  • Once a Dub, Always a Dub
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #6 on: 17 March 2010, 15:22 »
Yup panel filter al the way. Ive got a foam Piper cross one and its never given me any problems and its more sutble and more standard looking.

Just do away with the tiny freaking hole that the air box has. Ive literally cut the whole front off so it can breathe proper.

Offline peaky83

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #7 on: 17 March 2010, 15:55 »
I've drilled several small holes on the hidden side of the airbox and the front. There is a small hole in the wing which will feed cold air in. I read somewhere not to drill the side facing into the engine bay as it will allow warm air t be sucked in, however I doubt it would really affect performance much, if at all...  :rolleyes:

Offline russ-vdub

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,350
  • Once a Dub, Always a Dub
Re: what to do with these pipes
« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2010, 17:25 »
^^ Yeah never thought about letting hot air in.. Might change mine and see if makes a difference :)