Author Topic: pancake pipe  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Wazzzer

  • Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 11,170
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #10 on: 20 August 2009, 16:54 »
£55 delivered if you do the math  :wink:

Will be ordering one when I get paid this month  :cool:


1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline tg1

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,192
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #11 on: 20 August 2009, 18:41 »
58.22 if you let google do it for you  :tongue:

Exchange rate is much better than when i was in vegas it was 1.3 dollars to the pound  :cry:

Offline Steve_PD

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,119
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #12 on: 20 August 2009, 18:58 »
would that not rub on full lock? Forge do one for the TDI so assume it will fit the 1.8T
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline tg1

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,192
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #13 on: 20 August 2009, 19:02 »
i was thinking this, probably be ok on standard or not overly wide wheels.

Still i think i'll wait until i've got to that side of the intake

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #14 on: 20 August 2009, 19:16 »
would that not rub on full lock? Forge do one for the TDI so assume it will fit the 1.8T

inlet and outside connections are different sizes i believe

besides most of us know what i think of the Forge pancake pipe  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Steve_PD

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,119
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2009, 19:27 »
its a bit like the sfs hose  :lipsrsealed: :grin:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2009, 19:28 »
its a bit like the sfs hose  :lipsrsealed: :grin:

sadly yes

if i win the lottery i might put all the standard pipework back on

Offline Wazzzer

  • Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 11,170
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2009, 20:09 »
will find out when I get it I spose lol :grin:


1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline james2

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,878
  • No scammers please.
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #18 on: 20 August 2009, 22:25 »
i ordered mine about a week ago, hope it turns up tomorrow, £55 it was :laugh:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
Re: pancake pipe
« Reply #19 on: 20 August 2009, 22:31 »
would that not rub on full lock? Forge do one for the TDI so assume it will fit the 1.8T
Yes it will,i have an uprated pipe on mine and it used to rub on full lock,fitted spacers up front now.