Author Topic: Smoke from manifold/injector area  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Daston

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 143
Smoke from manifold/injector area
« on: 05 August 2009, 21:53 »
Hey guys,

I have just replaced the HG on my Mk2 8v Gti. All is running well now however after going for a short trip or letting the engine come up to temp there is smoke coming from the manifold area. It is very faint (used to be quite thick) but it still concerns me. My thoughts is oil leaking down from the rocker cover (didnt replace gasket as I wanted to make sure timing was 100%), however my major fear is an injector leaking.

Any ideas?

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Smoke from manifold/injector area
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2009, 22:09 »
Sounds like oil dripping onto manifold.

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: Smoke from manifold/injector area
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2009, 21:31 »
could be wd40 on manifold just keep an eye on it, as i had same prob last wk when i tried to change the gaskets on the manifold
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Re: Smoke from manifold/injector area
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2009, 15:17 »
i have just done same thing oil off my hands and bit dribbled out the head when put it back on.
i sh!t myself when it started but it soon burned off!