Author Topic: Number of Gearbox Mount?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline th3_f15t

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,060
Number of Gearbox Mount?
« on: 18 August 2009, 13:28 »
Quick one, how many gearbox mounts are there? I need to replace it/them but GSF only has one for my gearbox and the Haynes manual only seems to tell me there's one to remove. Is this right?

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Number of Gearbox Mount?
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2009, 14:51 »
just the 1 mount, buy a 1.3 MK2 one, the cheapest GSF sell :)

if you have a read thru the linkage rebuild guide it kinda covers how to do the mount at the same time since its easier to do it once all the linkage is removed :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline th3_f15t

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,060
Re: Number of Gearbox Mount?
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2009, 15:48 »
OK, will do. Just replacing the bushes and the mount this time, as everything else feels and sounds fine, just doesn't like going into 2nd or 5th gear sometimes.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!