Author Topic: Mods on a 8v gti  (Read 994 times)

Offline christomk3gti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,540
Mods on a 8v gti
« on: 14 May 2009, 20:19 »
Any idea of what kind of mods i could do with my p reg golf gti 8v.  in respect to power/speed..... and what is the best backbox to buy, I'm after a oval shape one that bends up at the end with a nice raspery noise :) I have used magnex in the past and arnt that keen on them...... hopefully the mods are cheap :P
Black 8v GTI............. Whats a Waffle Valve?

Offline shepgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,893
Re: Mods on a 8v gti
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2009, 20:34 »
first mod is a real simple one which will give you a 35bhp gain.. buy a 16v  failing that just fit a panel filter and exhaust. exhausts discussed here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=116189.0

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Mods on a 8v gti
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2009, 20:36 »
I got a Jetex backbox on order mate. Heard they are meant to have a nice sound. Will let you know!