Author Topic: Brake advice required please  (Read 802 times)

Offline Marktwo8v

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 68
Brake advice required please
« on: 26 April 2009, 20:41 »
I have a '97 16v,and the time has come to replace the brake discs and pads.Fronts are getting low and the rear discs are a bit pitted.

Any recommendations for what discs and pads to go for?

I'm not too worried about cost,but would prefer a good deal obviously!

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Brake advice required please
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2009, 22:29 »
I have brembo max discs and Green stuff pads. Work very well, got them from GSF.

Also ATE are not bad brand. But i would say brembo and EBC green stuff are plenty good enough. I can stop very very quickly when needed.

Also green stuff pads are suposidly low dust pads.