So, recently (back at the end of winter) I had a small bump (10mph or less) which slightly dented the bumper damper and the bonnet.
Trouble is now the aircon wont work..
- Ive replaced the fuse (radiator fan works and i believe they are fused off the same loop)
- The belt is still driving the compressor fine, however there is no 'click' when AC is turned on and no fluctuation in revs
I cant see how the comperessor can have been damaged directly due to the distance it is set back from the frontage
Is there some form of pressure feedback system so if there is no gas in the system the compressor clutch wont engage?
Where are all the wiring connectors relating to the AC, as the shock may have jolted one out? Also, is the AC fused anywhere else along the line?

The other problem is I haven't used the AC for months (lazy with the dummy running) So I dont know for sure that it was working just before the 'incident', which is making life harder trying to diagnose
Any suggestions anyone has that it could be are very welcome before I have to bite the bullet and look at a new compressor. Really missing it at the moment!
Thanks for any help